Monday, November 05, 2007

Finished Projects & a Cheese Ball

I finished this afghan over the weekend. It's been sitting for a couple of years just waiting for the trim. Done!
This is another one I start a few years ago. It needs a few more rows and trim, and it will be finished too. That's my goal for the week. Then I'm going to finish the one I've started for Barnaby. There are just so many I want to do, it's hard not to start the next one before one is finished.

I'm way happier than I should be about winning a lot of 44 afghan pattern books on eBay Friday. Forty-four! I can't wait to get them and start looking. I'll probably have ten more afghans started by the end of the week. Ha.

My Comcast email quit working on Saturday. If you've sent me email, I won't be able to answer you for a day or so. I spent over 30 minutes on the phone with Time Warner this morning trying to get it remedied, but no one knows what to do. The idiots are stumped and probably having a pow-wow as I type this.

This is not an interesting story, so skip it if you're in a hurry.

You see, once upon a time several MONTHS ago, I called them because I knew everone who had a Comcast email address was having to change to a Time Warner address because they bought-out Comcast. When I inquired about getting it changed, I was told by one of the village idiots that it wasn't necessary. Uh-huh, yeah, well, not so much.

I was told someone would call me back by 3:00 today once they've figured out what to do. I don't even work there and know nothing about such things, but I have a great idea! Give me a new Time Warner email address! Ya think? GAH! Idiots, I tell you. They are everywhere.

And, yes, I'm aware that nobody is going to call me back. Don't be ridiculous.

The End

I have a recipe for you. I took this to a party on Saturday. (Yes, I went to a party. The horror!)It sounds weird, but it's yummy.

Dried Fruit Cheese Ball

8 oz shredded sharp cheddar
8 oz softened cream cheese
2 Tbsp honey
6 oz mixed dried fruit (or dates), chopped
Finely chopped pecans

Mix cheese, cream cheese, and honey until well combined. Add the chopped fruit. Shape into a ball and roll in pecans. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours before serving. Serve with Wheat Thins or your favorite cracker.

I used a bag of mixed dried berries, but the original recipe said you could use dates if you want. You'll find either of those in the isle with the raisins and Craisins in your grocery store.

It's a pain in the ass to chop that fruit, but it's worth it. An electric chopper or food processor won't work. I tried it. You'll need to do it by hand with a giant knife, and the fruit will be all sticky and gross, and it will take forever and a day, and you'll curse me for making you try this recipe, but you will love me in the end.

Sugar Daddies are still the bomb. I need to run to Big Lots and get more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥