Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Cookies!

Here are the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Icing. They are fantastic. We like them refrigerated, but the recipe didn't say anything about storing them that way. They are soft and chewy and very rich. I still had my momma's cookie press so I used that to swirl on the icing. That's why they look all fancy. This recipe was a finalist in the Pillsbury Bake-Off one year but didn't win. I got the recipe HERE. (Mine are prettier!) Here's the recipe:

Peanut Butter Brownie Cookies w/Chocolate Frosting

1 (19.5-oz.) box Pillsbury® Brownie Classics Traditional Fudge Brownie Mix
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 egg
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 (16-oz.) can chocolate fudge ready-to-spread frosting

Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, beat brownie mix, melted butter, cream cheese and egg 50 strokes with spoon until well blended (dough will be stiff and sticky).

With hands, roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls and place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet; press down lightly.

In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and peanut butter with spoon until mixture forms a ball. (Batter is very stiff so I gave up on using a spoon and just used my hands.) Roll rounded teaspoonfuls peanut butter mixture into balls and lightly press into center of each ball of chocolate dough.

Bake at 350° for 10 to 14 minutes or until edges are set. (I made the balls about the size of a walnut and baked them 11 minutes. I said balls, hee.) Cool at least 30 minutes and spread a thin layer of frosting over peanut butter portion of each cooled cookie.

As I said, I put mine in a plastic container with a lid and refrigerated. You do whatever you want.


Sammi

Just because she's cute. She's discovered she can stand on the couch in the living room and put her feet up on the counter like that and watch me do dishes. She's been doing that the last two days. The sink is just below that counter on this side. I taught her to shake hands yesterday in about 5 minutes, and she's doing it perfectly now. She's such a smarty pants.

1 comment:

  1. Brian9:36 AM

    Such good notes you have!! The cookies look delicious too. Consider that recipe copied. I'll have to figure out how to get Cindy to let me sneak those into our rotation of Christmas cookies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥