Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Rocket Man

I'm feeling all philosophical and inspired this morning. I always get that way when I listen to music I love. I ordered Elton John - Greatest Hits 1970-2002 the other day, and I'm listening to it this morning. Rocket Man has been a big favorite of mine forever. Did you know he wrote that in 20 minutes one night in his basement at 2:00 in the morning? I believe he had a sudden rush of inspiration, don't you? And that music -- that piano, it's just amazing that someone can sit down and something like that just flows out of them. Levon is another one that's right up there at the top of my list of favorites. (Yes, I loved Taylor Hicks' version.) Talent like that has to come from God (Higher Power, Ala, Whatever). There's just no other explanation.

To me, God is that feeling I get when I listen to music I love. God is inspiration, God is heart-breaking and heart-swelling emotion, and God is goodness. I think I understand what God is better now than I ever did all those years of going to church in my youth. It's not about church. It's not about the Bible. It's not about whether or not you perform certain religious rituals or ceremonies. It's not about whether you say a "bad word." It's about you and what's in your soul down deep, period.

This ends today's Sermon on the Mount. Now send me some money. Ha! I keed, I keed.

My business partner, Bailey, mentioned that she was making King Ranch Chicken when we were talking on the phone yesterday. Now I have a bug up my ass and have to make it. Now there's some inspiration for ya. I've gotta get up and go get a rotisserie chicken in a few minutes. I have everything else. Maybe my pea brain can remember to take a picture for y'all. Don't hold your breath.

Goodbye, friends. (That sounds like Nancy Grace. It was totally by accident.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥