Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Elusive Granny Square

I've searched high and low for a pattern for the squares that make up this afghan and can't find it anywhere. It looks like you start the square in the lower-right corner and work your way out. Most granny squares are started in the center and worked around. It's driving me crazy that I can't find it. I know it's out there somewhere! Maybe I can mess with it and figure it out on my own, but I'm not real hopeful. I'm not that good.

If y'all know somebody that crochets, please send them a link to this page and ask them if they have the pattern or know where I can find it. If they do, they can email me HERE. I'd be forever grateful.

This is what I got Barnaby for our anniversary yesterday. I got it at Red Envelope, and had it engraved with the date we got married and "Pro Infinitio," which is latin for forever. I wanted to have "Amor Vincit Omnia," which means love conquers all, but there was a 15-letter limit, and that was too many with the spaces in there.

I was worried he wouldn't like it because he doesn't wear jewelry, but he said he really liked it, and I believe him. It's not like he's going to be wearing it on the outside of his clothes.

We went out to dinner at our favorite fancy Thai place, and had a good time.

That is all.

3 comments:

  1. My first customer tomorrow (Thurs) crochets afghans. I'll ask her for you. I printed out the picture so I can show her. They don't have a computer. I'll tell you what she said in an e-mail tomorrow. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:46 PM

    Happy Anniversary. I liked the website and your present. When I first saw the Afghan, I thought it was a dessert. BP

    ReplyDelete
  3. The name of this Afghan is AUTUMN BLAZE. I sent the pattern and instructions out to you in today's mail! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥