Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Get Away From Me

I had to come here and write something because I promised I would. I don't think I have anything to say though.

I took a two-hour nap by accident today. I meant to only lay down for a few minutes, and woke up two hours later when Barnaby came in from work. I've been all bitchy and irritable ever since. I hate that.

I opened an indoor/outdoor thermometer that we bought at Target yesterday on clearance. I was reading through the instructions and getting it all set up. Of course, Barnaby wanted to "help." We ended up arguing, and he just irritated the crap out of me. How stupid. I should have just let him do it and done something else.

I didn't get much work done AGAIN today. I don't know what's the matter with me. I've been super-duper unmotivated except for short bursts of energy that go away as quick as they come. Is that what they call manic? Really high highs, and really low-lows? I'm going to blame it on the surgery and anesthetic being in my system still. It's been less than three weeks since I had it afterall. I'm usually never like this about work. Normally, if there's work to do, I can't stand it until it's done. The last couple of weeks I've been like, whatever, and hardly get anything done in a day.

I did manage to get my state sales tax return done today. Then my mother wanted me to go over to some lady's house that she goes to church with. She makes jewelry and was having a showing. Her husband has stage 5 cancer (melanoma) and they need the money. So basically it was a charity thing but nobody was calling it that. I did hear her say at least twice while we were there that her husband had stage 5 cancer. I guess that's a great selling point. There, I said it. Is that mean? At least I didn't say it while we were there.

While we were there, she asked me, "So, where do you go to church?" I started to tell her I go to The Church of NASCAR, but I didn't. I just said, "I don't go to church." Why does she assume I go anywhere? Why would you ask a complete stranger something like that? I HATE SOCIAL GATHERINGS!! And that's one reason why right there. People always ask you if you have children too. And then they ask you what they do for a living, do they go to college, where do they live, boxers or briefs, etc. None of your damn business is exactly what I want to say. They don't really care anyway. I sure don't give a shit if they have kids or not, and I'm not curious as to what they do for a living or if they go to college either. It just makes me extremely uncomfortable for people to ask me questions like that when they are complete strangers. Even if they're not complete strangers it makes me uncomfortable! Step away from me, lady! Back off and stop feigning interest in my life!

As far as I've been able to determine, most people do not feel the same way I do. Why is that? What happened to make me that way? Or what happened to them to make them the way they are? Is it something in my DNA that makes me that way? Is it the pesticides in tomatoes? Do I have a brain tumah or something? Gah!

I'm just too much fun, aren't I?

Now lookie here. I said at the beginning of this entry that I didn't have anything to say. I guess I was wrong. I managed to bitch, moan, complain, and tell you what's wrong with everybody else for quite awhile.

It's time to go to my bedroom and get in my happy place to read a magazine or two. Nobody in there is going to ask me anything, except maybe if they can go out in the backyard and pee.

1 comment:

  1. Remember when we lived at Little Rock AFB and those big trucks would come by and spray insecticide. I mean, the entire street would be in a thick gray fog. I think that's what happened to all of us. I think it caused drain bramage.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥