Thursday, October 18, 2007

Avocado, Yum

I'm sorely lacking in the creativity department, so here's a picture of my lunch. It's a veggie sandwich, and it's the best thing in the world. You start with Pumpernickel Rye bread and spread on a generous amount of spicy brown mustard. Then layer on pretty much whatever veggies you like. And alfalfa spouts are a must as the finishing touch. Actually, the finishing touch is something else, but it's in the middle. It's a sprinkle of dried oregano, salt, and pepper. I also like cucumber, tomatoes, onion, and cilantro on mine. Today you can see that I added a slice of provolone cheese and half of a sliced avocado. YUM, I tell you. Just YUM.

I've decided if I had to choose just one food to eat for the rest of my life, it would be avocado. What would you pick?

I used to ask my dad silly quesitons like that all the time growing up, and he never would answer me. He's always say that was dumb because nobody will ever have to choose one food to eat the rest of your life, or whatever the question was, he'd just avoid answering that way. It would make me so mad! That's one of the ways you get to know somebody, isn't it?

ME: "Daddy, what kind of car would you get if you could get any car you wanted?"

DAD: "I can't get any car I want so that's dumb."

ME: "Just pretend you could."

DAD: "Why? That's dumb, boy. I'll never happen."

ME: *Sigh*

I'd just stop trying to have a conversation of any kind and get up and leave.

A lot of things were like that around our house growing up. You couldn't make noise of any kind because my dad had to have what he called "reverence." I can't tell you how many whippins I got for laughing too loud in my own bedroom. My sister and I got the crap beat out of us once with a belt because my mother thought we were being too loud. My sister and I were farting into a recorder and playing it back. Now I don't care who you are, when you're a pre-teen, that's funny, y'all. We were laughing so hard we were crying.

Whatever. I don't even know why I told you that story.

Maybe I should go searching the house for a product to review for you. I haven't done that in a long time.

Okay, go away now. Bye.

3 comments:

  1. Awww, you're not going to do an audio post of you and your sister farting into a recorder?

    That was funny when I was 8, it's funny when I'm 48. Man, I love being a guy. Farts are still fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:10 PM

    Farting is hilarious, I agree. Growing up in your neighborhood, which I think was over a Indian burial ground..... helps me explain my parents. You know my Mom saw a cockroach eat the collar off my shirt off.....which was on the floor and that meant my room was dirty. Really Mom? Have another bottle of wine, bitch. Great entry

    ReplyDelete
  3. It didn't take me long to answer that question. ICE CREAM.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥