Monday, October 01, 2007

Am I 80?


Macadamia Coconut Bars

Please excuse the bad photo. I could not take a good picture this morning to save my soul.

Macadamia Coconut Bars

2 cups crushed Ritz crackers
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1 ½ cups chopped macadamia nuts
14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 ½ cups coconut

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine cracker crumbs with melted butter. Press into a 9 x 13 pan that has been sprayed with Pam. Sprinkle nuts over the crust, then drizzle evenly with sweetened condensed milk. Sprinkle coconut over milk.

Bake 22-26 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and bars are almost set. Let cool then cut into bars. (I halved this recipe and baked it in a 10 x 7 pan.)
*******************************************
The next recipe has no picture at all because I refuse to post the bad picture I took. It just looks like a pretzel turd. Maybe that's a better name anyway.

Pretzel Turtle Candy

24 small pretzel twists
24 Rolo candies
24 pecan halves

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Arrange pretzels in a single layer on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Place one Rolo on each pretzel.
Bake for 4 minutes and removed from oven. Candy will not appear melted. Immediately press a pecan half onto each candy smashing it onto the pretzel. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
***********************************************
Again, no picture of this one.

Not Shepherd’s Pie

1 lb hamburger
½ onion, chopped
½ cup ketchup
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 cup frozen peas & carrots
2 baking potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks

Peel and cut up potatoes and boil in water until nearly done, 10-15 minutes. While potatoes are cooking, brown hamburger and onion in a large skillet; drain. Add ketchup and Worcestershire sauce and stir well. Add peas & carrots; stir again. When potatoes are done, drain them and mix them with the hamburger mixture and serve. This makes a bunch.
**********************************************
I don't feel very good today for some reason. I felt really good when I got up at 7:00, but that soon faded until I now feel like I'm 80 years old. My back/hip hurts with sciatica, I have acid in my throat that's burning like a house afire, and my mind is all foggy and I can't get anything done. Everything is taking three times as long as it should. Maybe I just need an ibuprofen and a nap.

I'm off to try it. Bye.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you aren't feeling good today. I hope it turns out to be nothing. Thanks for the recipes! I printed them out and can't wait for a good excuse to try them. Hey, did you ever figure out how to print your blog? I don't have any trouble printing it from my computer. I can print it for you if you want. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥