Friday, September 28, 2007

Support the SPCA

Here I am, as promised! Two days in a row -- woo-hoo! Now I just have to stare at the page long enough for something to flow from my brain to my fingers. Hmm...

My mom and dad came over yesterday to drop off some of my mother's potato soup for me. My mother makes the best potato soup in the world. There's nothing more comforting. My mother made the mistake of telling me about 100+ dogs that were rescued in a nearby county and will be up for adoption at the McKinney SPCA. I went online (just to look!) and it broke my heart to see some of them. They have about 20-30 up for adoption now, and plan on adding at least 15 per day until they're all there. They're mostly chihuahuas, yorkshire terriers, and dachsunds. I called them and the lady told me they raided another puppy mill the day before that also had 100+ dogs. These poor dogs were living in deplorable conditions, some of them are missing eyes or ears, and some of them were dead and decomposing. How could anyone do such a thing? Hang 'em, I say!

Look at this little guy...

God Love Him!

He's a Yorkie. Of course his hair has been shaved because he was a mess, but he looks so sad. Doesn't he look pathetic? No dog deserves that kind of treatment.

I've got to go and stop thinking about it. If I don't, I'll run down there and bring them all home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥