Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Speaking of Psychic, Murdering, Cancer-Ridden, Freaks...

I went out and bought a new floodlight at Lowe's yesterday and made an appointment with an electrician for Friday to install it. This one has a motion detector on it, so it should work great over on that side of the house where murderers lurk in the dark. I left my neighbor a note telling her we were installing it and why, and if the light bothered anybody to please let us know and we'd adjust it. She'll probably be glad because that side of her house is really dark too, and she's a single mother living alone with a young son. I'm sure she'll be freaked out when I tell her why we're installing it. Or maybe she'll just think I'm an alarmist and a scaredy-cat.

I sure have talked to some nice people the last few days. The lady at Lowe's that checked me out was really nice and helped me go get the correct bulbs for the floodlight. I had bought normal 150 watt bulbs, and she said that was wrong kind and helped me out. She laughed and said, "You'd get home with those and your husband would be like, 'What the heck is this?'" Little does she know, I'm keeping it a secret that I even bought the light, much less hired an electrician to install it. I asked him to do it, but he just groaned and said something about how he'd fry himself trying to hook up a light, blah, blah, blah. He's no electrician, blah, blah, blah. Fine. I'll take care of it my own damn self.

And then my mind got to going, and I thought to myself maybe he hired someone to kill me while he was gone! Ahhh! So that's why he doesn't want a light over there! He has a girlfriend and wants to divorce me but doesn't want me to take all his retirement money so -- and then I stopped myself because I realized that was just not true. I watch too many shows like Forensic Files and 48 Hours. I love those shows.

Speaking of TV shows, there's a new show coming on Lifetime October 12th. It's a psychic competition. I'm not sure what it's all about, but it sounds good to me. They show all these psychics being given the task of telling where a person is located in this big building just by listening to his heartbeat. I like another psychic show that's on that channel with a psychic named Lisa Williams. She's the same kind of psychic as John Edwards that speaks to the dead -- or dead people speak to her or something. And then there's Psychic Detectives and Haunting Evidence on Court TV that I also watch.

No wonder I'm a freak.

AND tonight there's a show coming on TLC called "Crazy, Sexy Cancer," which is a weird title, but I'm gonna give it a shot. I like reality cancer shows. Did y'all ever watch that reality show called Houston Medical where they followed doctors around, and then that one female doctor they were following found out she had a brain tumor? Dang, it was sad. When the show ended, she was still getting treatment, and then I found out on the Internet not long after that she had died. Her name was Marnie Rose.

My rosemary out front looks sick. I'll be pissed if it dies. I planted it in the spring, and it's grown at least 4 times its original size. I was looking forward to seeing it bloom tiny little blueish-purple flowers next spring. I'm going to hose it down every day and try and keep it cool. It's just too dang hot out there, I think, even though it's not in full sun most of the day. One of the other rosemary plants I bought at the same time died two weeks ago. I have no idea why. I've never been able to keep anything alive that I've tried to grow in a planter. Whatever it is always dies. Hmpf.

It getting really overcast outside right now. Hopefully it'll rain a nice, steady rain.

I'm finished blabbing. See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥