Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My Sweetie is Comin' Home

I made a fabulous dessert for Barnaby because he’s coming home tonight after 8 days. Dang, I’ve really missed him. He’s been in Las Vegas with the boys playin’ in poker tourneys in the Police Olympics. He didn’t win, but he did have a good time. He and another guy drove because neither one of them would fly. They took the other guy's van (down by the river) and I think that was his favorite part of the trip. He said it was a beautiful drive and there was no traffic anywhere to speak of other than when they got into Las Vegas at rush hour. They drove 11 hours each day for two days. Halfway was Albuquerque, New Mexico. (I spelled that right the first time cuz I’m a brainiack smarty pants.)

I’ll post pictures of the dessert later because I want to get pictures of it when it’s cut. I’ll also post the super-easy recipe when I post the pictures tonight or tomorrow.

I just stepped outside for a few minutes and it's only 90 degrees out there at 3:00 p.m. It's downright chilly out there! Okay, maybe not, but it's highly unusual for August in Texas.

I'm off to groom myself so I don't look like a skank when Barnaby gets home. Buh-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥