Friday, August 10, 2007

The Lady is a Bad-Ass


Woman Kills Rabid Raccoon With Bare Hands
Friday, August 10, 2007

Associated Press

CHESHIRE, Conn. — A woman killed a raccoon with her bare hands Thursday when the animal attacked a young boy. Officials with Cheshire animal control say the woman was walking in the woods around 11 a.m. with a group of children when the animal bit the 5-year-old son of a friend.

She pulled the raccoon off the child, told the children to run home and strangled the animal, authorities said.

"She had the presence of mind to choke it," animal control officer April Leiler told the Record-Journal of Meriden. "She is one tough lady."

The carcass was taken to a state laboratory in Hartford where it tested positive for rabies. The woman and the boy are undergoing rabies treatment. Their names have not been released.

*******************************************************
Are ya'll following the trapped miners in Utah drama? I swear I woke up every hour last night and turned on the news to see if they had reached them yet. I hope they are alive and well. Ugh. I can't imagine how it would feel to be way down there in pitch blackness. I'm sure it's claustrophobic for one thing. I think I would go crazy not being able to see anything and knowing I might die there. How awful.
*******************************************************
I need to be working instead of making this entry. I'm overloaded. Or I should say that "we're" overloaded. I've started a new partnership business that will officially be open on October 1st. We started on the first of August "unofficially" just to get a feel for things and work out the kinks, if there are any. Hopefully it will be less stressful when we actually start.
I'll have to check with my partner to see if she cares if I talk about her here. If you're reading, Anonomous Woman, you need to think of a good fake name for yourself. I promise I won't post your face all over the Internet unless you want me to!

*******************************************************
Say a prayer of thanks for all that you have, even if things are not as good as you think they should be. Things could always be so much worse. Most of us here in the USA have so much more than the majority of the rest of the world. We are very fortunate and don't ever forget it or take it for granted. You could always be in a black hole near the depths of hell with no food, water, or fresh air!

Goodbye, my pretties. I hope your weekend is stress-free and fabulous.

1 comment:

  1. I've only been hearing about the trapped miners on the news but haven't really followed it. It sounds pretty dismal for those poor guys. Wow! That woman that strangled the animal is a tough cookie! Good luck with your new business venture. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥