Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Kill Me Now

It seems my doctor's nurse has managed to FUCK everything up. I received an approval letter from my insurance company last week. This is exactly what the first part of the letter said, punctuation and all. (The last part doesn't matter. It's just gobble-dee-gook.)

"We received your notification for coverage of Laparoscopy, surgical, gastric restrictive procedure; removal for Scotty McScotterson. (Okay, the name part is not verbatim.) This health care service is available for benefits under the terms of your health benefit plan. You have met the notification requirement and no further action is needed at this time. You will need to notify us again if additional services are necessary."

First of all, the punctuation in the first sentence makes no sense to me. Since a "gastric restrictive procedure" can't be removed, I assumed they were talking about the new procedure he's going to do. If they meant removal of the gastric band, that's what it should have said. YOU CANNOT REMOVE A PROCEDURE. You can REVERSE a procedure, I suppose, but that's not what it says.

Long story short, the nurse said the doctor never wrote a letter that she's aware of, and she just turned in a request for removing the Lap Band, period. She didn't mention ANYTHING ELSE...not the hernia repair and not the gastric vertical sleeve. She says she knows nothing about anything that the doctor and I discussed. She took back the September 20th surgery date and said she'd call me back after she "talks to the doctor and checks on all of this." She also said this was THE FIRST ONE SHE'S EVER DONE as far as dealing with the insurance. OH JOY.

I would like to get mad and stomp and have a cow and a hissy fit, but for some reason I can't muster up the energy. I'm closer to crying and being depressed than I am to getting mad, but I can't really get the energy up for that either. All I have to say is I should have known. And I guess maybe I did on a certain level, because I never posted anything about it until now. People just don't care about other people that much anymore to go out of their way to help. I guess what I'm feeling is resignation.

I don't expect much to change even after she "checks on all of this." And unless I discover a big box of money on the doorstep, this surgery ain't happening anytime soon, if ever. I should probably go ahead with the removal of the Lap Band, but I'm not gonna. I'll die of a GIANT stomach infection first. I'm aware that is not a reasonable or intelligent decision.

No comments, please. I won't read them.

I may not have the energy to be mad, sad, or throw a hissy fit, but I can have a pissy attitude.

Good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥