Thursday, August 23, 2007

Fancy-Looking Dessert

Looking being the operative word here. It's an ice cream dessert made with ice cream sandwiches. How white trash is that?? It tastes great, though, and it only takes 10 minutes tops. Most of that time is spent unwrapping ice cream sandwiches.

Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert

19 Ice cream sandwiches
12-oz Cool Whip, thawed
12-oz hot fudge sauce (not heated)
1 cup chopped peanuts

Unwrapped sandwiches and layer in the bottom of an ungreased 9 x 13 dish. Spread half of the Cool Whip over the top. Drop teaspoonsful of fudge sauce over the Cool Whip layer, using all of the sauce. Sprinkle with half of the chopped peanuts. Place another layer of sandwiches on top, top with the rest of the Cool Whip and sprinkle the remaining peanuts. Cover with 2 layers of plastic wrap and freeze until serving. (At least four hours) You can drizzle each serving with Hershey's chocolate syrup if you like. I've also seen this recipe using caramel or butterscotch sauce instead of fudge sauce.

Note: I used a smaller casserole dish, 12 sandwiches, the same amount of Cool Whip and fudge sauce, and 1/2 cup chopped peanuts. I used a deep-dish glass lazagna casserole dish.

1 comment:

  1. Geeeeez, that just kills me! I've been dieting so hard and not getting my usual quota of chocolate or ice cream. I have lost 20 lbs. as of today though, so maybe I WON'T make this yummy-looking dessert.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥