Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Happy Dance

My consult with the surgeon yesterday could not have gone better. He's going to remove my Lap Band and do a Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy. He's writing my insurance company a letter to see how much he can get them to pay, and he's also going to talk to the hospital to see what kind of discount I can get since my insurance most likely won't pay all of it. He volunteered to do all of that. I didn't even have to beg him or anything. He said he had made up his mind before I even came in that he was going to help me because my letter to him was so nice. Isn't that sweet? I can hardly believe that there are still doctors out there like that who really love what they do, actually care about their patients, and will go the extra mile voluntarily just because. His name is Stephen V. Hamn, and I had heard he was a good doctor, but I had no idea. If I married him, my name would be Pam Hamn. Ha. Not that I would since I'm all happily married and stuff, but I'm just sayin' that it would be a really stupid name to have to live with.

Anyway, it's just hurry up and wait now. I'm thinking my surgery will probably be sometime in August. Barnaby is going to the Police Olympics in Las Vegas and will be out of town for nearly two weeks somewhere in there. My sister will also be out of the country beginning sometime around the 15th. I may just have to take care of myself if I want it done that month. I'm too miserable to wait. My mom will already be taking care of my Daddy because he's having hernia surgery sometime in there too. He doesn't have a date yet though.

So if any of my relatives out there feel sorry for me and would like to come take care of my dogs and listen to me whine, you are cordially invited to come to Texas and do all that and be my nurse. Doesn't that sound like tons of fun??? Don't all call at once now.

I shouldn't be in too bad a shape since he's making me stay in the hospital for two nights. Maybe the worst of it will be over by the time I get home. Except for the whining, of course. And I won't have to cook for myself because I won't be able to eat anything except sugar-free popcicles and liquids for days. Is that how you spell popcicles? It looks weird like it should have a "y" in there somewhere. Blogger doesn't have spell check.

I gotta go take a nap now and wait for your calls. See ya.

1 comment:

  1. I'll come take care of you for a week if "B" will let me use that free ticket she might have available....don't know if she does or not. Of course, she'll be bummed that I'm coming and she won't be there..... But I'll come take care of my fur nieces and nephew and my baby sister.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥