Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday the 13th

These garlic stuffed olives are so good!! I have to limit myself and have a little discipline or I'll eat the whole jar in one sitting. I never have, but I think I could. Each GIANT green olive is stuffed with an entire clove of garlic. You might think that's a bit much, but the brine mellows the garlic so that it's not overpowering. They're about $5-$6, depending on where you buy them. They're freakin' great!

Right now my buns are rising. My hamburger buns, that is. There was a recipe for them on the front page of All Recipes' Website today and I just had to try it. Today is a great day for baking bread. It's overcast and rainy. The dough required that I knead it for 10 minutes, and it sure felt good. Making bread is therapeutic for me, from making the yeast come alive to the smell that hangs in the air when it's done baking. The whole process is just relaxing and fun for me, and I like the fact that it takes half the day from start to finish. I'll let you know how they turn out and take a picture or two.

Y'all have a great weekend. I hope today wasn't unlucky for you. So far, it's been a good one for me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I found your blog through Jane's comments. I loved your comment on kids and Heelys!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥