Monday, July 23, 2007

Chicken Cordon Bleu

This turned out great when I made it the other night. We both loved it. It was even good cold, straight out of the fridge the next day. I only made three breasts but made the same amount of gravy called for here. I also used chicken broth instead of wine and left out the bouillon cubes.

I don't remember where I got the recipe, but it was probably in some magazine.

Chicken Cordon Bleu

6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
6 slices Swiss cheese
6 slices ham
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp paprika
6 tbsp butter
1/2 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
1 tsp chicken bouillon granules
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 cup heavy whipping cream

Pound chicken breasts flat so that they can be easily rolled up. Place a cheese and ham slice on each breat within 1/2 inch of the edges. Fold the edges of the chicken over the filling and secure with toothpicks. Mix the flour and paprika in a small bowl and coat the chicken rolls.

Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook the chicken until browned on all sides. Add the wine and bouillon cubes (or chicken broth). Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.

Remove the toothpicks and transfer the breasts to a warm platter. Blend the cornstarch with the cream in a small bowl and whisk slowly into the skillet. Cook, stirring until thickened, and pour over chicken. Serve warm.
*********************************
I dyed my hair back to my natural brown color Friday. It's not dark enough though, so I'm going to do it again today. Every time I looked in the mirror when it was blond, I scared myself. It didn't look like me, and I'd do a doubletake every time. I guess my strawberry blond days are over. I'm just boring and brown. Bleh.
*********************************
I also cleaned house from 3:00 pm until 7:30 pm on Friday (Shocking!), but only because my housekeeper is visiting family in Mexico for six weeks. Now I know why I don't ever clean my own house. I suck at it. It took me four hours just to do the master bedroom, master bath, and my office. I kept getting distracted doing dumb stuff like organizing drawers and doing laundry. And every time I clean my house myself, I decide I have to rearrange the furniture right in the middle of it all. I love doing that. It's like a whole new room. So that's why I only got two rooms and a bathroom done. I sweated like a pig the entire time too. I cannot do ANYTHING without sweating. I'm sexy, huh?

I guess I'll try and tackle the living room today. The kitchen is always clean (except the floors), so that doesn't need to be done. I can vaccum those floors the same time I do the living room. And, as always, I'll be horrified at the amount of dog hair I clean up. My dogs should all be nekkid with as much hair as they lose. It never bothers me unless someone is coming over. I don't think I would ever have a long-haired dog. Oh, who am I kidding? That was just a lie.
*****************************
Okay, I'm outta here. I'm off to dye my hair boring brown, go to the grocery store, visit my mom & dad, and vacuum the living room and kitchen. You see how I left the fun thing for last? That's because I know I won't do it after I do all that other stuff. I may vacuum once before my housecleaner comes back. I'll just keep the lights off and curtains closed.

1 comment:

  1. I always sweat like a pig when I clean too!! Do pigs sweat? I always get sidetracked when I clean my own house. I end up doing just what you do... rearranging, cleaning out a drawer... whatever. I don't do that at my customer's houses, so that's why I can clean their entire house in 3 hours. I thought the same thing about dog hair after Chips went to dog heaven... I'll never get another long-haired dog. Well, I didn't realize that German Shepherds are actually German SHEDDERS. Lordy, we have hair anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥