Thursday, July 26, 2007

Another Cake Flop

The Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake flopped as well. Upon investigation, I found that my oven is not working properly and the temperature is about 25 degrees off. It's something that has just happened in the last couple of days somehow. I found the instruction book, and there is a way to adjust it. My brain isn't ready for that yet this morning, so I think I'll wait for Barnaby to get home from work before tackling that one.

I'm glad to know it wasn't me though. When I took the Bundt cake out of the oven, it was all puffed up and beautiful. I put it on a rack to cool a bit before removing it from the pan. In the meantime, I went back to my office and Barnaby walked in a few minutes later. He actually asked me if I had put a fake cake on the counter to make him think I had ruined the cake. I got a weird look on my face and hurried into the kitchen to look. There it sat, all sunken in and less than half the height it had been when I last saw it.

Needless to say, the poker boys didn't have any dessert last night. Barnaby wanted me to chop it up into pieces, put it in a bowl, and drizzle it with chocolate icing. I'm so sure. Guys are so weird, they'd have probably loved it.

I gotta go get cleaned up. I'm going to pick up the Espresso Machine I bought from Craig's List for $10.

2 comments:

  1. Geez.... I don't know why I didn't mention that to you when I read about the red velvet cake flop... I thought it could be the oven temp then.... oh well, big sis is having many menopausal moments lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:25 PM

    The cake looks good. I would eat it. Did you get your coffee machine? BP

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥