Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Stand

This is my new cake stand. Ain't it purdy? I shouldn't be so happy about having it, but I am. I wanted it so badly, I ended up with TWO.

I saw it on eBay awhile back and became obsessed with it. Of course, I bid on it with my highest bid being what I thought was pretty high and should get the job done. To my horror, I was outbid at the very last second by some bitch who paid $58 for it.

At first I was indignant that anyone would have the BALLS to outbid me at the last second like that (like I do everybody else, but it's okay when I do it). How dare she! I was madder than an old wet hen, as my Granny used to say, and then I was determined to get one if I had to pay $200 for it because I get totally unreasonable like that sometimes about things that don’t even matter.

I first searched the Internet for someplace where I could just buy it outright. Nadda. So I begrudgingly went back to eBay and searched for another one. A few days went by before a couple of them were listed. I bid on BOTH of them, because I was a crazed idiot. I don't know why I didn't just bid on the first one and WATCH the second one and bid on it later if need be.

Anyway, I ended up winning the first one for $28 ($30 less than that mean old hag that outbid me before -- Heh). And then I won the second one, too, for $9.50! Ha! Who is the idiot now??

I figure it will make a great gift if nothing else. Or maybe I'll just display it in my curio cabinet and tell my grandchildren someday how their Granny Pissy Pants won it on eBay for a pittance.
I'm off to make a cake to go on my pretty pink cake stand.

1 comment:

  1. Big Daddy and I just laughed ourselves to tears over this one. I have SOOOOOOOOOO been there/done that! And you'd think I would be used to being outbid at the last minute by now but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO it still bugs me! What is that? Is it some primal territorial thing?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥