Sunday, June 03, 2007

Cute Cake, Healthy Fruit, & Poker

Barnaby Crocker's Cake
Chocolate Layer Cake with Bananas Between the Layers

Barnaby decided he was going to make his favorite cake himself today. Isn't that the cutest thing you've ever seen? I told him the first layer cake I ever made didn't look any better. It does take practice. He says his first mistake was not removing it from the cooling rack before putting it together and icing it. Um, yeah, that would make it difficult. I bet it tastes good though.

Fruit Salad Supper
Strawberries, Blueberries, Rasberries, & Bananas

Is that Dwight Yokum on my back porch? (Look at Sammi in the background. She wonders what's going on, and Phoebe couldn't care less.)

No, it's me in my new poker hat & glasses. (I'm the one on the left.) Poker? I hardly know her! Ha-ha-ha-ha. Ah-hem.
Please excuse the inappropriate cleavage (& joke). I didn't realize my camisole had wiggled its way down so low. I tried to use Microsoft Paint to cover it up, but I couldn't get it to look right. Looking at that picture, Abby sure is getting old. (I covered up most of my old with sunglasses.) She seems to have aged rather suddenly. Look how gray she is.

Y'all have a good week. Let's all try and do one random act of kindness this week, m'kay? It'll make someone's day AND yours.

3 comments:

  1. Brian9:20 AM

    Innappropriate cleavage? Can there be such a thing?

    All innappropriateness aside, you look fabulous. How'd you do at teh table?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:27 PM

    Is that Jamie Lee Curtis??????
    BP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmmm! That cake looks good to me! I'd eat it. My hat's off to Barnaby for making the effort. I don't think Big Daddy will even go into the kitchen to make himself a sandwich, much less - a cake! Dang Girl! You look good! Don't hide the clevage! It's what makes us women folk....uh...irresistable! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥