Sunday, May 27, 2007

Random Crap

Why do I buy crap like this? I see it and I think it's so cool that I HAVE to have it, and then I find it in a drawer nine years later and think, "What the hell?" At least these could be useful if I chose to actually do something with them. And by "something" I mean try to hem my pants with them, or use them for curtain ties or to tie my climbing roses up a trellis. I'm not kidding either. I wore some uniform pants for four years hemmed with velcro. Hell, I duct-taped some baby socks onto Phoebe's feet just the other day to keep her from making clicking noises with her toenails. These would have worked perfectly!
These new Lay's Rosemary & Herb chips are great. The Rosemary taste could be a little stronger though.
Can you tell what that is inside this vase? It's coffee beans. I love the smell of coffee. We went into a Quazi-Starbucks coffee shop inside a church recently (don't ask) and they had vases full of coffee beans on every table. I thought it was a neat idea so I ran to Wal-Mart and copied it. The vases were $1.97 each, and I bought a 10-lb bag of coffee for less than $10 that filled up three of them. I keep the biggest one in my office right next to me so I can smell it all day. Sometimes I just stick my nose right into the beans and inhale because I'm just a freak like that. One of these days I'm going to inhale a coffee bean straight up my nose and into my lungs and die. Heh. Let those CSI guys figure that one out!
Speaking of coffee...I have drastically reduced the amount of coffee I drink. Did I already tell y'all this? I think I did. Ack! I'm going crazy because I can't remember anything anymore. (Alzheimer's alert!) Maybe y'all are going crazy, too, and can't remember that I told you already. Anywho. I used to drink at least two 32-oz glasses of iced coffee every day, plus I'd get something at Starbucks every time I was near one. I quit the cold coffee cold turkey. I had a headache so bad the first night, I thought I had an aneurysm. (Big word alert!) I went to bed at 7:00 and slept until 8:00 the next day. After that, nadda. (Spanish word alert!)
Okay, I have to go now. My husband informs me that we're going to drive around the countryside and look for a giant rock to put in a flowerbed. Don't you wish your life was as exciting as mine?

1 comment:

  1. Okay.........now I'm totally curious as to WHY you quit drinking your iced coffee!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥