Thursday, May 24, 2007

Josh Holloway & Cheddar Bread

One word: Day-um! Cleans up nice too...and those dimples!

Did you see the season finale of Lost last night? I loved it! I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Sawyer is a badass and I love him. Well, I don't love him, but you know. He was really Billy Bad-Ass last night. Fabulous. I think I actually squealed when he shot Tom and they zoomed-in on his face. Sigh. How old am I again? Thirteen?

I made this bread to go with spaghetti yesterday. It's delicious.

Cheddar Bread

1 package active dry yeast
¼ cup warm water
1 cup warm milk
1 Tbsp butter
1 egg, beaten
1 ½ tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
3 cups flour + more for kneading
1 cup (4 oz) sharp cheddar cheese

In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Melt butter in a 2-cup measuring cup in the microwave. Add milk to measuring cup and microwave 1 minute more. Add milk mixture, egg, sugar, salt & 3 cups flour to yeast. Beat with a wooden spoon to form a soft dough.

Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 minutes. Place in greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover with wax paper sprayed with Pam and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 ½ hours.

Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead cheese into the dough. Shape into desired form. Place on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Cover with wax paper sprayed with Pam and let rise 45 minutes to an hour.

Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet and let cool on wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 loaf. May be doubled to make 2 loaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥