Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Shut Up Already

Sorry if this offends someone but...

I really wish the media would stop it with the coverage of the Virginia Tech story. Even Access Hollywood and Extra covered it last night. That's supposed to be my escape from the real world to mindless celebrity crap! It's just so damn depressing to hear about it constantly. That's what they did with 9-11 too. Just when you start feeling better, or at least not thinking about it 24/7, they'd sneak in another story and plunge you back down where you started. Is it just me? Would I feel differently if I were closer to those affected? Would I actually want to hear every single detail and every single person's story? Maybe much later, but not right now when it's all raw.

2 comments:

  1. Brian9:34 AM

    I'm with ya on this one. It might be different if there were actual NEW things being reported, but when every channel just keeps repeating the same crap we've heard for the last 36 hours . . . oy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! I TOTALLY agree with you. I think all these talk shows and reporters think they're gonna get a "scoop" or something. But all they are really doing is just grinding it in to the ground and making us all crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥