Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Flexor Digitorum Profundus Tendenitis


Wow, that's a fancy name for "my palm hurts." Doc doesn't think it's carpal tunnel or the arteries or the nerves. He's sending me to a hand therapist two times a week for four weeks. I haven't called yet for an appointment because I don't believe in going to therapists for these types of things since I went to "therapy" for my back a few years back, and it was the most ridiculous thing I've ever been through. I can put ice and heat on my hand myself. At home. For free. Thanks, but no. What a load of crap.


I've made some ergonomic adjustments to my work space that should help. One of the major things was I switched my mouse over to my left side so I'm "mousing" with my left hand now. It was really amazing to see how my brain adjusted so quickly to it. At first, it was like I was retarded or something. My brain would move the mouse one way, and it would go completely the opposite way, and I had absolutely no coordination. But by the middle of the second day, I was left mousing very well. Now I just need to set a timer to go off every 20-30 minutes so I can get up and stretch and give my fingers a break. That's kind of a pain in the ass, but I suppose it's necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥