Thursday, March 08, 2007

Ewww, Feet

I spent the entire night awake, whimpering like a wounded wild animal every now and then just because it made me feel better. Around 10:30 p.m., I knocked my full travel mug of ice water off of the bedside table and it fell directly onto my big toe. It didn’t hit directly on the nail, but just behind it on the cuticle. Instantly, a giant purple blood blister appeared, and I put ice on it for about 20 minutes. It THROBBED all night long. I’m such a baby when it comes to pain. I believe I have the lowest threshold for pain of anybody on earth. It really takes a toll on me mentally.

I’ll be you anything that my toenail will grow out black. Ewww! That is so gross. And do you know how long it takes a big toenail to grow out? SIX MONTHS. I know because I had one about 15 years ago. I don’t wanna have a black toenail all summer!! Wah! Maybe I'll just paint them all with black polish? That's really in now, ya know.

I really grossed myself out trying to find a picture to put up here depicting someone with a stumped toe. There are some GROSS pictures out there on the Internet. Feet are something that is a big turn-off for me anyway. I can’t stand feet. Ugh. I have to stop talking about it now.

While I’m whining and moaning, I have something wrong with my right palm too. Whenever I use that hand to grip something or pick something up, I have a pain that shoots from the bottom of my palm to about the middle. It doesn’t feel like nerve pain, though. It feels like a rubber band inside there stretching and then popping, ya know? Like there’s a ligament or tendon in there stretching and popping. It’s been going on for 4-5 days now, not getting any better or any worse. Everything I can find on the Internet about hand pain talks about carpel tunnel. I really don’t think that’s it though. It doesn’t feel like the median nerve. It feels more like the tendon sheath or tendon just to the left of it. And I don’t have any numbness or pain in my fingers or wrist.

GOOD LORD.

Isn’t reading about my many physical maladies fascinating? Did you even get this far before rolling your eyes and moving on to the next site? I need to get a life or just check into a nursing home right now. I’ll shut up now.

***************************************
Did y’all see this story today?

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado: A woman who went into a vegetative state in November of 2000 awoke this week for three days, spoke with her family and a local television station before slipping back on Wednesday.

"I'm fine," Christa Lilly told her mother on Sunday — her first words in eight months. She has awakened four other times for briefer periods after a heart attack and stroke left her in a semiconscious state. "I think it's wonderful. It makes me so happy," Lilly told television station KKTV-TV. She also got to see youngest daughter, Chelcey, now 12 years old, and three grandchildren.

Before her relapse, Lilly told the station her biggest frustration was learning how to talk again.
After years of being fed from a tube, eating was no problem. "I've been eating cake," she said.

Her neurologist, Dr. Randall Bjork, said he couldn't explain how or why she awoke. "I'm just not able to explain this on the basis of what we know about persistent vegetative states," he said.

HERE is a video of the story and her talking….Amazing!

***************************************
We got Kitty's first walkway up last night. She's very leery of it right now, but got up there once by herself. We put her food up on the highest one to coax her up there. It worked. This is a wall in my office that you can't see unless you're inside my office. The next one will probably go in the master bedroom. I know y'all were wondering if I was going to be Crazy Cat Lady with shelves and cats all over my living room. Nope, just Crazy Dog Lady with a pack living in my house for now.

1 comment:

  1. Cool kitty shelves! Cool new stove too! Those smooth tops are so much easier to clean than the other kind. Let me know if you ave any trouble getting that stainless steel to look good when you try to clean it with windex or whatever. I have a few tricks up my sleeve.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥