Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Blenko Crazy




These are just a few of the glass items I've bought in the last 2 weeks since my new obsession hit. The Blenko glass is so much more beautiful than it shows in pictures. When I opened the box containing that crystal vase with the blue rosettes, I just sat there with my mouth hanging open. The glass is so brilliant, it looks alive. I just stand and stare at it.
I've never been interested in glass before in my life, and I'm not one of those museum snobs with crap like this all over my house. I'm just a regular person (debatable) who stumbled upon a piece of this and for some reason it grabbed me. I'm having a lot of fun looking at it and browsing around eBay to find it. There's a lot of Blenko glass out there, but there's not a lot of the crackle glass with applied rosettes and leaves. That's mostly what I'm interested in owning. There's a live auction coming up on the 28th, and I hope to win two pieces then.
I'm going to the doctor tomorrow afternoon for a cortisone shot. This carpel tunnel pain isn't going away, so I need to take care of it. I'm also not working for a week or two to give it a rest, hence, all the free time for eBaying!
Does anybody else here like macaroni and cheese? Doesn't everybody? I found a great recipe I thought I'd share with you. Surprisingly, it calls for canned cheddar cheese soup, but it's still delicious. In fact, it's the best one I've found lately. I like my macaroni and cheese moist and creamy. All the ones I've tried end up dry after you bake them. After I put this one together, instead of baking it, I microwaved it for 2-3 minutes just until it was hot. Voila! Not dry.
Creamy Macaroni & Cheese
1-16oz box elbow macaroni
1 1/2 cans Campbell's Cheddar Cheese Soup
1 1/2 cups milk (2% or whole)
2 large spoonfuls of sour cream (I used light, not fat-free)
16 oz shredded Cheddar
1 tsp dry mustard
Salt & black pepper to taste
Boil macaroni according to package directions & drain. Mix soup, milk, sour cream, salt, pepper & dry mustard until well combined. Combine cooked macaroni and soup mixture in a large bowl or casserole dish. Microwave until hot or bake at 350 degrees until brown and bubbly.
Note: If you want to cut this recipe down, I used about 1 1/4 cup of dry macaroni, 3/4 can of soup, 3/4 cup of milk, 1 scoop of sour cream & 1 cup of shredded cheese when I made this for Barnaby and me. We still had plenty left over for another meal. The above recipe must make a ton!


1 comment:

  1. CAREFUL! Manipulating that mouse is also rough on the carpal tunnel. You may want to get a tray and put it on your lap and use your mouse that way. That's what I did when mine was acting up. I haven't had a problem with it in quite some time now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥