Thursday, February 22, 2007

Retail Therapy

There's nothing like a little retail therapy. I shopped for shoes online this morning, and ended up buying these and another pair of sandals for summer. It'll be here before we know it around here. My favorite pair of sandals last summer were this color. I hope they're comfortable. I also got my stuff from Sephora I ordered about a week ago. I bought some Philosophy self-tanner. Sounds like I'm itching for summer to get here, but I'm not.

It's another beautiful day. The city is supposed to come sometime today and inspect the new water heater. They wouldn't give me a time or even narrow it down to morning or afternoon. I may go ahead and leave, and if I miss them, too bad. They can come back another day. Hopefully it won't blow up in the meantime.

I'm going to make parmesan chicken wangs for Barnaby this evening. It makes me laugh to call them wangs instead of wings. These are really, really, really good.

Parmesan Chicken Wangs

4 lbs chicken wings
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp dried parsley
1 Tbsp dried oregano
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Wash the chicken wings and cut them into two pieces with kitchen shears. Remove and discard the pointy tips. Combine the Parmesan, parsley, oregano, paprika, salt & pepper in a bowl. Melt the butter in a shallow bowl.

Line a shallow baking pan with foil & spray with Pam. Don't omit this step, or you'll be scrubbing the pan a week later.

Dip each piece of chicken in butter, roll in the cheese and seasoning mixture, and arrange on the foil-lined pan. Bake 1 hour.

You can half this recipe, but I've found that you'll still need the same amount of butter and seasonings. Also, it works much better to only use half of the Parmesan/seasoning mixture at a time because it gets all gooey from the buttery chicken and it's hard to coat the chicken.

This recipe came from Dana Carpender's cookbook, 500 Low-Carb Recipes. She calls them Heroin Wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥