Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Fancy Pants

Pretty Layered Peppermint Fudge

Isn't this pretty fudge? It tastes really good too. And it's so easy, I'm almost embarassed to give you the recipe. It would be a great recipe for a baby shower or if you just want to look like Miss Fancy Pants like me.

The meds the d-d-d-doctor gave me have magic dust in them. I feel a whole lot better. I also haven't slept for two nights in a row because that's what that kind of medicine does to me. As long as I'm not sleepy and can work during the day, I don't care. I've also had the hiccups at least four times a day for the last few days. Hmmmm.

We've been having spring weather around here. It's been hovering around 80 degrees for several days. My roses don't know whether to bloom or shit the bed. I bought three new bushes but haven't planted them yet. I think two of them may be dead and the other one is growing like crazy right outta the bag. Finicky Fancy Pants roses. I bought them at Big Lots for $3 each, so if they want to die, so be it. I'll throw your brown asses out with the garbage if you dare die on me! I still have them in the grocery bag they came in with their root balls all tied up. I water them every few days and have been sitting them out in the sun during the day. I guess it's time to get them in the ground.

Okay, here's the fudge recipe. Don't laugh. They're good and nobody will know how easy it was to make.

Double-Layer Mint Fudge

1 bag (12-0z) semisweet chocolate chips
1 bag (12-oz) white vanilla baking chips
1 can (16-oz) creamy chocolate frosting
1 can (16-oz) creamy vanilla frosting
2 drops red food color
1/2 cup finely crushed peppermint candy
2 (1.55-oz) milk chocolate bars, chopped

Line a 13 x 9 pan with foil so foil extends over sides of pan; spray with Pam. Melt chocolate chips in microwave or on the stove and stir into chocolate frosting. Spread in pan and refrigerate for 20 minutes.

Melt vanilla baking chips and stir into vanilla frosting. Add red food color and finely ground peppermint candy. Spread carefully over chilled chocolate layer. Sprinkle chopped candy bars over the top; press down lightly so they adhere to the top. Refrigerate just until set, about 1 hour.

When fudge is set, use foil to lift fudge from pan; remove foil. Cut into desired size and store at room temperature or in the refrigerator.

1 comment:

  1. Brian9:56 AM

    Think I might try that fudge recipe at Christmas time. Make a couple of batches of the "white" and play with the colors some. Heck - you could do up the colors for any holiday you like. Festive for any occasion!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥