Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Benny Parsons, 1941-2007

Benny Parsons


I was so sad to hear that Benny died this morning. He really was a lovable man. This was one of his last blog entries:

Small Price to Pay
December
18th, 2006

I was told last week that the aggressive radiation treatments had
completely destroyed my left lung but I am still cancer free.

As my radiation oncologist told me today, John Wayne lived and had a great career with one lung. There is no reason why I can’t do the same. It will take a little while for the right lung to pull the weight for the left lung so until then I will still need to use oxygen when I walk. I won’t need it sitting or commentating races and to me that is the main thing. If given a choice between cancer or losing a lung I would say that I got the right end of the deal.

BP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥