Monday, December 18, 2006

A-Hole

I'm so proud of myself for cancelling a job with a new client who turned out to be a pain in the ass. Normally, I would have just taken it when I really didn't want to. I used to have a hard time telling anybody no, even complete strangers I've never met in my life. Well, I've gotten over that, and it gets easier every time. He kept asking me a million questions and wanted assurances, wanted me to guarantee the work of Kinko's printers (what?), and was just a general pain in the ass. I just decided I didn't want to deal with him after speaking with him again this morning, so I called him and cancelled. It's not like I started the job and then bailed on him. We were still discussing the details. He still wasn't sure exactly what he wanted and hadn't gotten any of the materials to me to start. He got mad and hung up on me, and then called back twice wanting to know why, why, why??? He hung up on me both of those times too. I was super nice to him and called him "Sir" and everything, even after he had hung up on me twice. He thought he was going to bully me into taking the job, but I said, "Absolutely not. I am not taking this job, and I don't want to discuss it any further with you. I'm sorry if I've wasted your time, blah, blah, blah. I just don't think I'm the person you need for this job." He hung up on me for the third time. Whatever, Dude. You should have kept your mouth shut and stopped trying to micro-manage me.

I went to Ulta on Saturday. I had the best time for the first 15 minutes, and then Barnaby came in and was up my ass for the whole rest of the time. I didn't expect him to like shopping in a beauty store, but damn. He was supposed to be at Best Buy while I was at Ulta, but he only stayed about 15 minutes and then came to bug me. I told him to leave because I wasn't NEARLY finished looking, but alas, he stayed and bugged the crap out of me until I finally decided to leave and a midget girl checked me out.

It was weird because she was about 3-feet tall and teeny tiny, but she didn't look like a midget -- or dwarf or little person or whatever is politically correct now. Her head and arms and legs were in proportion to her body, and she was pretty. As we approached the counter, Barnaby said, "Is that girl sitting down on something?" I said, "Shhh! No, she's not sitting down!"

It doesn't feel like Christmas around here at all. Not one little bit. It's been around 80 degrees for a week, and we have the air conditioner on. I'll just be glad when it's over. I'm not sure why, but I absolutely hate Christmas. Bah Humbug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥