Sunday, November 26, 2006

Wall Colors

I've been staring at these color pallets for two days trying to make up my mind about which color and technique to use in the "parlor" pictured below. I absolutely hate white walls. Most of the other walls in my house are a brown tone of one shade or another. These one won't be much different. We're rarely ever in this room, but it's the first thing you see when you walk in and look to the left so it's got to be purdy. Wall color is the one thing you can change that makes a dramatic difference in the look and feel of a room.
See that blue rocking chair in the far corner? That is the "Death Chair." It was named so because I have a great, great Aunt Essie who died in that chair. Sorry if you think that's gross or irreverent or inappropriate to name her chair that, but I don't. I'm going to have it reupolstered soon -- you guessed it -- in a brown print of some kind. The telephone hanging on the wall belonged to my grandfather. That was the phone they actually used way back when. My mom had it in her house for a long time, and then she gave it to me when Barnaby and I got married. There's normally lots of other stuff on those walls, but since I'm fixin' to paint, I'm not hanging anything back up. Oh, and those curtains will be hemmed and on a tension rod inside the window. They're not finished yet.
View from the opposite side of the room. These walls need color! Wait until you see the difference it makes. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Just something to think about..... when I got all done painting my walls "hershey's chocolate brown", Big Daddy said, "there's too much brown in here...." and he was right. I had painted the trim stark white, which looks great, but my upholstered furniture is brown (except for the red chair), my wood furniture is brown, my carpet is brown..... Now I'm looking for an area rug with some bright color in it to brighten up the room.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥