Saturday, November 18, 2006

Goodies for Soldiers





My sister, Beanie, and my mom came over this morning and we made candy all morning and half the afternoon. My mom had already spent yesterday baking nine dozen cookies. We packed it all up and Beanie is shipping it to her friend, Lonnie, over in Iraq. He plans to share it, so we packed each type of candy and cookie in a separate snack-size baggie. There was three boxes of goodies! Here's what we sent:

Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chewy Toffee Cookies
Almond Cookies
Chocolate Fudge
Chocolate Frosted Toffee
Puppy Chow Candy
Pecan Pralines
Peppermint Bark

It was great fun making all the candy. After my mom and Beanie left, I made some Skillet Fudge for Barnaby and me. He was all boo-boo lipped when he found out none of the candy we had made was staying here, so I made him some of his very own. I'm sure he'll end up taking whatever is left after the weekend to work. We'll be sick of it by then.

I have a monster headache right now, so I'm going to go nurse it with an ice pack and some Goody's Powder (Yuck!). I bet it was all that sugar. Ya think? I had to make sure it was fit to give!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Impressive! I'm sure those guys in Iraq will think they're in heaven when they taste all that good stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥