Friday, November 17, 2006

Friday Stuff

Jimmie Johnson

-----------------------------------------------------

I've been in the mood to bake everything and anything lately. I made some great toffee last weekend, and have a hankering to make some more candy. I'll give most of it away, and keep just a little here. Making it is the fun part. If anybody has any good candy recipes, please send them to me at this email address. Include your address and I'll send you a package of goodies in the mail. I'm assuming 10,000 people don't read this blog. I could be in trouble.

I made a Bacon Cheese Ball last night. I tried a little bit last night, and it was delicious. I found another recipe for a cheese ball with raspberry preserves. I can't wait to try that one. It sounds different and scrumptious. I'm trying out all these appetizer recipes because that's what we're doing for Christmas this year instead of a big dinner. Here's the recipe for the one I made last night.

Bacon Cheese Ball

1 lb bacon, cooked & crumbled
2-8oz packages cream cheese (light if you want)
2 green onions, chopped
3 tbsp mayonnaise
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans

Mix all and form two balls. Refrigerate overnight. Roll in pecans before serving with crackers of your choice. Optional: I thought the balls (hee!) were too sticky, so I added 1 cup of shredded cheddar and it held together much better.

--------------------------------------------------

I'm doing laundry and working at the same time today. Sunday is the last NASCAR race of the season (wah), and I don't want to do laundry that day. I'm pulling for Jimmie Johnson, but I like all of the top five and wouldn't mind any of them winning it. Except Matt Kenseth is boring and has no personality so he's at the bottom of the list. Go Jimmie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥