Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Box Hos & Monkeys

I’m an empty box hoarder. I’m sitting here looking at two that I got in the mail this week. Any time I have an empty box, I CANNOT just throw it away. My thinking is that the box will be perfect to mail something in. People, I rarely ever mail a box of anything – maybe once or twice a year, if that. Barnaby always makes fun of me for saving so many boxes. He just convinced me not long ago to throw out a bunch that were stacked in the hall closet, in the extra bedroom closet, and in our master bedroom closet. There must have been 20 boxes just sitting there, the perfect size, perfect shape, perfect color, perfect perfect perfect! Now the process has started all over again, and I’m sure by the end of December I’ll have 12 more he’ll have to pry out of my possession and throw away. I’m afraid I’ll need to mail something and won’t have a box to put it in. Panic! Pandemonium! Where shall I ever find a cardboard box??? Gah! I’m stressed just thinking about it, even though I know it’s silly.
The Monkey Tattoo
Simple...I like it.
Speaking of simple...
Some things are so simple. I don’t know why I didn’t think of this on my own. I was reading one of the many magazines I read a few months back and came to a page that had tips from different readers about various things like house cleaning, organizing, et cetera. One of the tips someone submitted was to keep an empty laundry basket in the back seat or trunk of your car. When you go to the grocery store or wherever, throw all of your bags in the basket. When you get home, throw your purse in the basket and carry the whole thing in. Genius! See how simple that is? I went to the Dollar Store and bought a cheap basket and immediately started using it to carry everything in. I can’t believe how much I’ve appreciated that basket since keeping it in the car. After I empty it, I just sit it by the garage door and take it out the next time I leave. The other day I was waiting in line at the drive-through at Starbucks and started throwing all the trash into that empty basket in the back seat. Then I cleaned out my purse of all the trash, and even cleaned out the glove compartment. When I got home, I just grabbed the basket and emptied it into the trash. Try it! You’ll like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥