Monday, October 30, 2006

Paninis & Cookies

Chicken, mushrooms, spinach & cheese
We had grilled wraps for lunch yesterday. We made them on a panini grill that Barnaby bought at Target. They were really good. The browned spinach tortilla tasted great. I can't wait to try a grilled cheese with rye bread. Yum.

I made some no-bake Corn Flake Cookies on Saturday just because I was bored. It got the recipe out of my NASCAR Fast Food Cookbook. I'm a dork for even owning it. Anyway, they're really easy and good. Here's the recipe:

No-Bake Corn Flake Cookies

1 cup sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
4 1/2 cups Corn Flakes cereal
1 cup of coconut
Chopped nuts, optional

Combine sugar and syrup and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add peanut butter. Mix well. Pour Corn Flakes and coconut into a large bowl. Pour peanut butter mixture over them and mix together with nuts, if using. Drop tablespoons of mixture onto wax paper and leave until set. Refrigerate for a slightly firmer cookie. They will still be chewy and crunchy at the same time.
*************
I'm obsessing over my windows and what I want to do with them. Three of the four are irregular in size, and it's driving me crazy looking at curtains and shades and trying to figure out what to do. I just know I don't want what's there now. Guess I'll just go to Lowe's and look at books there since I'm going to have to special-order them due to their sizes. I don't want to spend a ton of money though, and was hoping I could just buy them ready-made. I was avoiding shutters because I'm pretty sure they're expensive, but maybe I should just go ahead and price them since special-order shades & curtains are probably going to be just as expensive. Nobody cares but you, Pam! Shuddup already.
*************
Happy 14th anniversary, Barnaby!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:43 PM

    Where are these windows in your house? If they are side by side, you can treat them as ONE window, or you can extend your curtain rods past either side of each window to make them all a uniform size. You just buy curtains big enough to cover the wall space you've extended the rods over. Of course, you do lose wall space by doing this but it'll make your windows all look the same size (from the inside).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:59 AM

    The sandwich looks gooooood. I need to get one of those appliances
    or maybe that would make a great christmas gift for Boon Paps
    Hummmmmm?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥