Saturday, September 16, 2006

There's Always Hope

Did y’all see this news story?

Police: Hit Man Strangled by Intended Victim
Saturday, September 16, 2006

PORTLAND, Ore. — When Susan Kuhnhausen returned home from work one day earlier this month, she encountered an intruder wielding a claw hammer. After a struggle, the 51-year-old nurse fended off her attacker by strangling him with her bare hands. Neighbors praised the woman for her bravery, and investigators said they believed the dead man -- Edward Dalton Haffey -- was burglarizing Kuhnhausen's home. But after an investigation, police now say the intruder Kuhnhausen strangled was apparently a hit man hired by her estranged husband -- Michael James Kuhnhausen Sr. -- to kill her.

Ha! I love that. She kicked his ass and killed him instead!

Since my Ben & Jerry’s binge, I’ve been out of control with the eating of copious amounts of sugar-laden food. I ate the rest of the B&J’s that night. Then yesterday, I started out the day with 1 ½ Moon Pies for breakfast. Then I had a bowl of Frosted Flakes and a banana around noon. I had one fajita for supper and then ate approximately 10 Oreos and at least that many snack-size Heath Bars. I’ve got to figure out what’s going on in my brain & body. I haven’t dared to step on the scale. I think it would scare me to death. I can tell by the way my clothes fit that the last three days have done a lot of damage. I can gain weight so fast it’s scary. I wonder if it has anything to do with my declaration to “diet” and lose 5 lbs this month? Hmmm. Anyway, I’m trying to get a grip today and turn things around. A good start would be to squirt dishwashing liquid on all that sugary stuff and throw it away. How did all that stuff get in my house anyway? Someone must have thrown it in my grocery basket when I wasn’t looking. Okay, I bought the Oreos and Heath Bars last night at Target, but the Frosted Flakes and Moon Pies have been in the cupboard for a long while. (I said cupboard for you, BP.)

We were going to go to Trade Days today. That’s a big outdoor flea market that is held one weekend a month. We decided that it’s going to be too hot (95 and humid) and nixed that idea. I really only wanted to go to check out the puppies, but don’t tell Barnaby that. He’d have a cow and say something reasonable like, “We don’t need another dog.” Hmpf.

I spent at least three hours “shopping” online yesterday. I had marked a bunch of stuff in magazines that I wanted to get. It’s my latest fun thing to do. I mark a ton of stuff in all the magazines I read and then go online and fill up my “cart” with make-up, clothes, shoes, and whatever. I spend A LOT of time doing that, and then just leave the site without actually buying any of it. I actually completed the buying process for these and these yesterday. I had six pairs of shoes & boots in my cart before I narrowed it down to these. Lordie, I love me some shoes.

I want this make-up too. I’ve had it in my basket at least three times but never complete the process. Why do they have to charge so much for that kind of stuff? Mineral make-up is the latest and greatest thing. I’d like to go somewhere and have them make me up with the stuff and see how it looks first. It probably looks just like everything else. Somehow the ads for these kinds of things make us think that we’re going to look like we’ve got perfect skin, and we hold out hope that some day one of them will. It’s the same thing with diet pills and potions. Something in our human make-up (pardon the pun) makes us always have hope. I think that’s a good thing. Hope for the perfect make-up, the answer to our weight problems, the perfect man/woman, the perfect job, money, happiness…

How did I end up getting all philosophical all of the sudden? I was talking about make-up and shoes, for Pete’s sake. And who the hell is Pete?

1 comment:

  1. Binges?... yep. Shoes?... yep. We're related alright....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥