Thursday, September 28, 2006

Recipe Thursday: Lemonade Pie

Lemonade Pie

I made two of these pies today and took one over to my mom & dad's. My sister came over and we had pie and coffee sitting on the front driveway. My dad got a little more than half finished with his piece when he bit down on something hard. It was one of my fake fingernails. How gross am I? Or as Chandler Bing would say, Could I BE any grosser?

Here's the recipe for the pie, minus the fingernail:

Lemonade Pie

8 oz cream cheese, softened
12 oz sweetened condensed milk
12 oz frozen pink lemonade
2 drops of red food coloring, optional
Large Cool Whip
Coconut, optional
2 shortbread or graham cracker pie crusts

Blend cream cheese and condensed milk with electric mixer. Add lemonade and red food coloring and mix well. Fold in Cool Whip by hand until well blended. Spoon into two pie shells, sprinkle with coconut if using, and refrigerate several hours before serving.

To dye coconut: Place coconut in a ziplock baggie. Put one to two drops food coloring in the bag, seal it, and shake well. Voila! Colored coconut.

This is a really pretty pie to make for Easter. I'm going to try it with frozen limeade and green food coloring next time. I bet it makes a good key lime pie.

Barnaby is calling me for supper. He made some parmesan chicken tenders. Yum.

1 comment:

  1. Okay... the fingernail in the pie is pretty gross. But you could have saved yourself by telling Daddy he had WON THE PRIZE! and then made something up like dinner at his fav. restaurant or something like that. Didn't you miss that fingernail?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥