Thursday, September 14, 2006

Dirty Cookies

Former Governor Ann Richards

I was very sad to hear that Ann Richards died yesterday. What a beautiful, strong person she was. I always loved her. RIP.

Garbage Can Cookie Jar

The boys came over to eat some birthday cookies and visit last night. My youngest brought his new girlfriend. She was so cute! I don't know why I expected her to be blond, but she wasn't. She had long dark brown hair, and was cute as a button. Good job, son.

I spent yesterday from 3:00 to 6:00 baking three batches of cookies. I made my mother's famous sugar cookies by request and my favorite peanut butter cookies. I had to make another batch of sugar cookies because you make them so big that you only get 12 per batch. They're huge. That's half the fun of it for them, I guess. I divided them all up between them and they took them home when they left. At least I thought. After they left I noticed they left about five in a baggie on the counter. I should go in there right now and squirt them with dish soap or Windex or something. Does anybody else ever do that? It's the only way I won't eat them. In the garbage? No problem. That reminds me of that episode of Seinfeld when George was at a party somewhere and saw an eclair in the garbage. He hesitated and then grabbed it and took a bite right when the lady walked in. What a great show that was.

I think we've hammered out a deal with the second landscaper that came out and gave us an estimate on the front and side yards. My sister had a great idea of painting the front door red. That would open it up even more after those first two bushes are taken out. We're having red rubber mulch put in the beds. It's not red like fire engine red, but more of a burgundy. I can't wait to see how it all turns out.

Gotta go work to pay for all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥