Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Yesterday

I’ve made it my goal to lose 5 pounds by the end of September. I’ve been lax long enough, and I feel like I’m ready. I have to really psych myself up to successfully stick to a “diet.” I’ve done it a million times, so I should know. Five pounds will put me 4 lbs from my ultimate goal. I can knock out five in September and the other four in October. Sounds simple, huh?

My Internet and phones are out again. That happens all the time since we moved here. Usually it’s a few hours before it’s back on. No telling when I’ll actually get to post this. I’m still connected though, thanks to my Blackberry. I love that thing. Worth every penny.

It’s a beautiful day today. It’s supposed to only be about 92 degrees too. In fact, the next week’s forecast has it in the 80s some days! That’s a miracle around here this time of year. (It only made it to 89)

*Update at 10:00 p.m. yesterday

We've had no phone or Internet since about 10:00 this morning. There was apparently a horrific wreck involving a large truck with a boom that took out all kinds of cables and phone lines.

This presented me with the perfect opportunity to try doing an entry entirely by email with my Blackberry. I saved the email with which to do hat awhile back for just this kind of situation. I'm nothing if not prepared. I'm a think-aheader. A thinker ahead. You get my drift. (Obviously, it didn't work)

Do NOT try that so called Starbucks' secret recipe I linked to yesterday. It was awful. I attempted it three different times, adjusting it each time to try and make it work. It just plain sucked. Maybe I used the wrong kind of pectin. I have no idea if there even is more than one kind. It tasted sour.

I made a pot roast for dinner. Didn't eat but two bites because it stuck in my teeth. I hate that. Barnaby enjoyed it though.

Time for magazines. See ya.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:26 PM

    glad your email is back up. Now to your email.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥