Monday, August 21, 2006

Heathen

Thank goodness I deleted that entry I almost posted yesterday. I wouldn't want y'all to know how whiney and selfish I am. Okay, most of you already do, but at least it's not documented.

Daddy is doing well. He's in rehab and a little depressed, but I guess that's to be expected. He has so much pride and can't stand it that he's getting old and his body is failing him.

Has anybody read the book The Purpose Driven Life? I haven't, but I think I want to at least thumb through it and see what it's all about. I half-ass watched a show about it last night. The first line of the book is, "It's not about you." What? It's not? Maybe we all should read it. The only thing that turns me off is I think it's got a lot of God stuff in it. Oh, don't look at me that way. I'm just not interested in reading that kind of thing. The guy that wrote it is a preacher. I'm just guessing that it has a lot of God stuff in it for that reason. Not that there's anything wrong with that. If you've read it, let me know if it's worth picking up.

Wow. I just made myself sound like a heathen. Short post, but I've got to go work. Later.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I've never heard you whine even once, so there.

    Glad your dad is doing well. As he gets more mobile his spirits are sure to improve. It's hard to be stuck in bed for long. Just saps all your energy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:04 PM

    Just get it and read it! It can't hurt you............Much love, GOD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who is that "anonymous God" person above me?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥