Monday, July 31, 2006

Recipe Monday: Zucchini Pie

Zucchini Pie

I made this last night and it was really good.

Zucchini Pie

3 cups zucchini, shredded
2 carrots, shredded
1 onion, chopped or shredded
1 large tomato
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup buttermilk baking mix
1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
Salt & pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-inch deep-dish pie plate with cooking spray.

In a large mixing bowl, combine zucchini, carrot, onion, eggs, buttermilk baking mix, oil, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasonings, salt and pepper; mix well. Spread into the prepared baking dish. Top with sliced tomato & sprinkle with more parmesan.

Bake for 35-40 minutes. Serve plain or with a dollop of sour cream or hot sauce.

Note: I sautéed my veggies 5-10 in a little olive oil before mixing with other stuff and baking. The recipe said they’d be a little crunchy if you don’t do it.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:17 PM

    Its not even recipe Tuesday. I'm gonna get Amy Sedaris book. She is retarded. I think I'm gonna read her brothers books. I can borrow them from other retards.
    Good luck with your strawberry.
    Let me know if I need one.
    BP

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥