Friday, July 21, 2006

Eat More Veggies

Eat More Veggies & Poop With Ease

Is that the cutest little dog pooping you've ever seen, or what? Barnaby eats at a Mexican restaurant at least once a week for lunch. They have a gumball-type machine that has all kinds of dogs in it. He brings them home to me, and I keep them on a shelf in my office. He's been trying to get this one pooping for 8 weeks, and finally got it yesterday. Isn't he romantic? I love it.

I've started drinking/eating these blended salads again. Have you ever heard of them? They taste so fresh and good and really fill me up. I haven't been eating enough veggies lately, and this is a good way to get a bunch in. I had one for supper last night, and it really made me full. You can use other veggies you like and omit the ones you don't like. This is the recipe using the ingredients I like. You can add 1/2 of an apple to make it taste sweeter if you want. I don't like the mealy texture apple gives it though, and I like the taste just the way it is. A beet is good in it too, but gives it an unappetizing color. You can Google "blended salad" and get more recipe ideas.

Blended Salad

Romaine lettuce leaves, about four
1/2 large tomato, or two Romas
1/2 cucumber with skin
1/2 or whole small avocado
1/2 green pepper
Handful of cilantro
Handful of baby spinach
Juice of 1 small lime
1/2 cup water
2 tsp olive oil, optional

Put lettuce and tomato in blender with water. Blend until liquid. Cut up other ingredients into large chunks and add to blender. Squeeze lime juice over all, add olive oil and blend. Serve in a glass and drink it, or in a bowl and eat it like soup. This will not keep. Throw out what you don't eat.

Here's another healthy snack/side dish that I thought sounded good. I haven't tried it yet.

Orange Broccoli

1 head of broccoli, cut into pieces
One orange
1 tsp olive oil

Juice the orange and place in a large resealable plastic baggie with the oil and broccoli. Marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hour, shaking the bag occasionally. Eat it as a snack or side dish.

Enough with the healthiness. (I thought I made that word up, but it's in the dictionary.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥