Sunday, July 02, 2006

Danish & NASCAR

Ridiculously Easy Cream Cheese Danish

I’ve been looking through Cheese Danish recipes because I wanted to make the Danish from scratch. I kept finding tons of recipes for these Danish made with crescent roll dough, but I wanted to make it from scratch. I finally got over myself and decided just to try it the easy way first. I’m really glad I did because these were fantastic AND ridiculously easy. I’m sure you could replace the cream cheese filling with preserves of any kind if you prefer. I halved this recipe and made it in an 8 x 8 pan. The cheese filling was still too much even when I halved it, so I only used ¼ of the half-recipe I made. Does that make sense? You have to try these. They look impressive and taste great. Here’s the recipe I used:

Cream Cheese Danish

2 – packages crescent rolls
2 - 8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened
¾ cup white sugar
1 egg yolk (reserve the white)
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla

Icing
1 tbsp butter, melted
½ cup powdered sugar
½ tsp vanilla
Milk to thin

Unroll 1 package of crescent dough and pinch edges to seal. Spread in the bottom of an 9 x 13 pan that has been sprayed with Pam. Mix cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk, lemon juice and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth. Spread on top of dough. Unroll last package of dough, pinch edges to seal, and lay on top of filling mixture. Brush top with reserved egg white. Bake in 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes. (The 8 x 8 pan only took 20 minutes.) Cool completely.

Mix icing ingredients until smooth and spread on top of cooled Danish.

Fall, Fat Boy!

Tony Stewart won the race. Bleh. Somebody needs to beat the crap outta him. And I wish, when he climbs the damn fence when he wins, he would fall and break both hips. He actually said one time, "If anybody climbs the fence when they win, they are just copying me." What? What kind of adult person says something that stupid? That's something a 10-year-old would say. Most of these rich-ass drivers are so immature and have been spoiled rotten all their lives, they have no clue. And just for the record, he didn't invent it. Dumbass.
Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson both wrecked in the last ten laps. I shit you not. The last 10 laps, after being in the top ten all freakin' night. Ugh. Gawd, I love NASCAR.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmm the danish sound great. I printed out the recipe so I can try it. Yeah, some of these sports dudes are real prima donnas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥