Saturday, July 29, 2006

Amy's Cupcakes

Vanilla Cupcakes
I made these vanilla cupcakes last night. Aren't they purdy? Well, except for the "mauve" colored ones. That was a mistake. I was going to make the icing for those lavender, but when I went to put the red food coloring in, I turned the bottle over to squeeze a drop out but there wasn't a tiny hole and half the bottle dumped in before I knew what happened. I may or may not have said a bunch of bad words. You decide. That's what I get for buying the cheap Wally-Mart brand. Who makes food coloring without a tiny hole in the top for squeezing drops out? Probably sweat shops in China.

Anyway...

This is Amy Sedaris' recipe. There is a recipe link at the bottom of that page. She has a book coming out in October and I'll be first in line to buy it. If you don't know her, you may know her brother. She is so stupid you can't help but love her. She's downright weird just like her brother. I saw him do a reading once on Letterman. It was weird but funny as all-get-out. (I know nobody says that anymore. I have no idea why it popped out of my brain.) Amy makes and sells cupcakes to bakeries in New York. Her recipes are supposed to be to die for. If this one is any indication, the rest will be really good too. These cupcakes are great. I also have another of her recipes for lemon cream cupcakes. I haven't tried that one yet.

Enough with the food.

I still have those fake toenails on, y'all! How long has it been? Two weeks or something? They still look perfect. I did polish them red after about a week of wearing them with the French manicure they came with just to see if they would still look good. They do. They are definitely worth the less than $5 I paid.

I'm seriously considering getting a Blackberry. It will give me more freedom to move about the country when I'm waiting for work. I won't have to rush home to check my email to see if work has come in. That, and it's just cool to have email and Internet access in your purse. I'm calling Cingular today. That's who I have my cell phone service with, and I see they have some great specials going on for Blackberrys (Blackberries?) right now. I'm gonna be connected, y'all! Email me! I'll be one of those people walking around with an earpiece stuck to the side of my head in the grocery store. I think they call them geeks? Dorks? Annoying?

Okay, now I got myself all excited talking about it. I have to go spend some money.

Talk amongst yourselves.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:15 PM

    dweeb dork geek and nerd. I love to see a person with one and ask them if they like their raspberry.
    good you have work. work is great.
    Amy is retarded and I'm glad you hooked me up to her website. I laughed so hard. Holla. BP

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥