Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Tuesday Recipe: Homemade Kahlua


This is TONS cheaper than buying it and it tastes the same. I have to credit my MIL, Bonnie, for this recipe. She gave me a bunch of family recipes when Barnaby and I first got married, and this one was in there. Hi, Bonnie!

Kahlua

1 ½ cups sugar
1 oz. instant coffee granules
1 ½ cups boiling water
1 ½ cups 100 proof Vodka
1 tsp vanilla

Add sugar and coffee granules to boiling water. Stir until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let cool. When cool, add vodka and vanilla.

I don’t know how long this lasts. I store mine in a jar with a lid in the cupboard. (I said cupboard instead of pantry for you, Boon Pappy. Are you happy?)

I use this mostly in recipes. I have a Kahlua Bundt Cake recipe and a Kahlua Pie recipe (ice cream pie) that I use this in. If anybody wants those recipes, leave a comment and I’ll email them to you.

1 comment:

  1. Now girl you'll have to figure out how to bottle this stuff up and send some to Big Daddy!!! He loves the stuff. Don't care for it myself. I'm more of a wine person, but Big Daddy loves his kahlua - especially at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥