Friday, June 23, 2006

There's Gold in Them Thar Books!

Treasures

I absolutely love finding handwritten recipes. And when they're written by family, it's even better. They're like little nuggets of family gold. The one pictured above was written by my great grandmother, Ova Dove Cullins. Whenever I go to garage sales, estate sales or flea markets, I always head for the cookbooks and go through them to see if anyone has left a treasure for me. I've even found handwritten recipes inside library books. I always wonder if it was left there purposefully for someone to find. I feel like I've found someone's secret diary or love letter, and I wonder who they were and what their life was like. I need to start hand-writing some recipes and leaving them in random books for someone to find years down the road. I hope it makes them as happy as it makes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥