Friday, June 30, 2006

Pineapple Millionaire Pie

Furr's Famous Pineapple Millionaire Pie
Edited 4/1/06: I take everything I said about this pie earlier. It's really good! Just be sure to let it sit in the refrigerator 8 hours before serving. It's great. Also, use a shortbread crust. Here's the recipe:
Furr's Famous Pineapple Millionaire Pie
2 cups sifted powdered sugar
1 stick butter, softened
2 large eggs
1/8 tsp salt (I omitted this because I used salted butter)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 store-bought 9 inch shortbread crusts
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup shifted powdered sugar
1 20oz can of crushed pineapple, well drained
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
1 large container of Cool Whip
Cream together 2 cups powdered sugar and 1 stick butter with electric mixer. Add eggs, salt and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. Spread evenly into pie crusts, then chill.
Whip cream until stiff. Blend in 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Fold in pineapple and pecans. Spread this mixture on top of base mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 8 hours. Spread Cool Whip on top before serving.
Makes 2 pies. Give one away to someone you love. People love pie!
*************
Written earlier:
Review: Eh. It's good, but not something I'll make again. I'm on a search now for the regular millionaire pie recipe. I'm pretty sure I have it. I think that's what I was thinking this was when I made it. I think the other one has saltine crackers in the middle layer instead of pineapple. On this one, the first layer is custard, second layer is pineapple, whipped cream, sugar & nuts, and the top is Cool Whip. If I made it again, I'd use a shortbread crust instead of a regular crust. You can't beat a shortbread crust. Words to live by, or at least bake by. See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥