Thursday, June 01, 2006

Blueberry Bars

Mmmm, Blueberry Bars

This is dangerous. There’s nothing to watch on TV and K is reading a book. In my current state of bordomness, I could start blabbering here and spill all kinds of dark secrets. Wouldn't that be fun for you? I have nothing to do except walk/run on the treadmill, and we all know that ain’t happenin. Well, it could, but I ate a giant wad of blueberry bar and now I’m sick. Since I’m bored, I’ll post the recipe for you even though it's not Tuesday.

Blueberry Bars

1 ½ cups rolled oats
1 ½ cups sifted flour
¼ tsp salt
¾ tsp baking soda
1 cup packed brown sugar
¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) cold butter or margarine
1 can blueberry pie filling (or cherry)

Preheat over to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, salt, brown sugar, and baking soda. Mix in the butter until crumbly. Press half of the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch square baking pan that has been sprayed with Pam. Spread pie filling over the base and pat the remaining crumb mixture on top. Bake for 25-30 minutes until top is lightly toasted. Cool completely before cutting into squares.

These are seriously good, y'all. They're not too sickly sweet like I expected. It was originally a date bar recipe, but I used a can of blueberry pie filling in the middle instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥