Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Recipe Tuesday: Lemon Cake/Cornbread Salad

I'm always proud of myself when I finish making this dish. It takes forever and a day and makes a huge mess. It's worth it though! If you want the recipe, leave a comment with your email address and I'll send it to you. Most people who read this already have it, I think. Yes, all three of them. Smartass. The original recipe makes a ton. If I don't give some away, we're usually tired of it before it's gone, and it gets shoved to the back of the fridge and grows green hairy eyeballs before I discover it. I cut the recipe down this time so maybe that won't happen.
Cornbread Salad

Here's the recipe for today. Sorry, no picture.
You can use the sugar-free and light ingredients, or go for it with regular stuff. I have to say, though, that the light version was great.

Lemon Cake

(18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant sugar-free lemon pudding mix
1 3/4 cups water
3 egg whites
3/4 cup nonfat milk
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
1 (1 ounce) package instant sugar-free lemon pudding mix
1 (8 ounce) container frozen light whipped topping, thawed

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10x15 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.


In a large bowl, mix together cake mix and pudding mix. Pour in water and egg whites. Beat on low speed for 1 minute. Increase speed to high and beat for 4 minutes. Pour batter into prepared 10x15 inch pan.


Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.

In a large bowl, combine milk, lemon extract and lemon pudding mix. Beat on low for 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cooled cake. Store cake in refrigerator.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm! Your cornbread salad looks wonderfully delicious. I have the recipe but have never made it because it sounds like a pain in the ass to make. Unlike you, I do not like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen preparing food but like you, I love to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:56 AM

    Please send me the recipe. I want to make it. Boon Pappy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥