Monday, May 15, 2006

Old Movies, Food, and Daniel Boone Pappy

Motherly
Nothing says motherly to me more than a kitchen. (Lame, I know.) This one gave me problems and I knew it would. Just go with me on this one. I'll do better next week, I hope. It's not surprising to me that my mind first goes to food for a lot of these words. I don't know if that's normal or abnormal thinking.

Every single time I use that word, abnormal, I think of the movie Young Frankenstein where Egor goes to pick out a brain for Frankenstein and chooses the one that was in the jar labeled what he thought was Abby Normal. It actually said abnormal and that's why Frankenstein turned out to be a freak. But I digress.

I love food. I love eating food, smelling food, cooking food, looking at magazines about food, recipes for food, TV shows about food, and dog food. Not really dog food. I was just seeing if you were paying attention. I show affection with food. I love to cook and bake for the people I love. I love the smell of yeasty bread, don't you? Why don't they make a room deoderizer with the smell of baking bread? They have apple pie and pumpkin pie and sugar cookies. Why not yeast bread? My BFF, Boon Pappy, came up with that idea. I think he should patent it. He also came up with that nickname for himself for me to use here. I don't think he should patent that. Boon Pappy, indeed.

Am I spelling that right? Is there even a "right" way to spell it? I'm assuming it's boon, as in boondocks, and not Boone, as in Daniel Boone. Daniel Boone and I share a birthday, November 2nd. I have no idea how I know that. I wasn't even sure it was true after I typed it, so I just Googled him. Yep, November 2nd. I digress again, huh?

4 comments:

  1. Cool! I didn't know you shared a b-day with D. Boone. I don't think anyone famous has my b-day. Hey! I met a lady at tea Saturday named Patsy Ann. Her real true given name. That's NEVER happened to me before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:32 PM

    I think that Boon is right? I never thought I would have to spell it soooooooooo lets say that is how I would spell it. Liking
    Scotty's Place. It's cracking me up. Rock on, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your "motherly" picture. I think it is very original! I would never have thought of using a kitchen picture but it fits perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Using the kitchen for your "Motherly" photo was an inspired idea...I remember coming home to the smell of freshly baked bread as a kid. Those were the days! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting! ♥♥♥